Our summer season is quickly approaching and we need you! Please consider spending a week at Camp Daniel that will impact not only your life, but someone else’s life. As of now, we will have to turn away three male campers for our first week due to a lack of male counselors. One of the most difficult things we have to do is to tell a camper he or she will not be able to attend camp this summer.
Campers desire to attend camp for many reasons:
- Camp strengthens their relationship with Christ. For many campers, this will be the only week of the entire year they will have someone encourage them spiritually.
- Camp is a fun vacation. For many of our campers, a week at camp is the only week of vacation they will have.
- Camp reminds people that they are loved and accepted for who they are.
- Camp provides an environment for many to feel safe and encouraged to try new activities.
- Camp provides campers an opportunity to grow in independence through time away from regular caregivers and family. This gives a weeklong break and vacation for them, too.
We also need nurses! We like to have two nurses volunteering each week. To make this possible, we still need a nurse to volunteer week 1 (July 3-8) and week 5 (July 31- Aug 6). If you are a nurse or know someone who is, help us fill this need!
For week one, we are also in need of support crew workers, those working behind the scenes- helping with crafts, doing dishes, and setting up for activities. We are also in need of counselors and support crew workers for the other weeks, too. We can use females, as well as, males, though we definitely need more males than females. Please apply online on this website under “Summer Camp”.
Check out this link to a cool promo video, showing some of the fun activities we do. http://<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/2tQu-JSeMC8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
We are asking YOU to strongly consider making a difference in someone’s life, their family’s, and even your own!