2019 Camper Registration Coming Soon!
2019 Dates & Rates
July 15 – 20
July 22 – 27
July 29 – Aug 3
Aug 5 – 10
*$45 discount IF the following is received with postmark by May 25: Complete application, payment, photo (of first time campers only) & medical page signed by doctor.
All weeks of summer camp are for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities between the ages 8 – 70.
General Information & Camp Policies
- Acceptance Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Medication Policy
- Camper Forms
- Packing List
- A Day At Camp
- Theme Meals
Camp Daniel is open to any person ages 8 through 70 who has a physical and/or intellectual or developmental disability. Each applicant is accepted on an individual basis, and will not be discriminated upon based on race, religion, creed, or national origin. Acceptance is firstly based upon our ability to find a counselor for applicant, and secondly, on the timeliness and thoroughness of the application. All applicants must be able to function in a group setting. For the safety of everyone at the camp, we do not accept applicants with extreme behavior problems. This includes applicants that are physically, verbally or sexually aggressive. If an applicant does not follow rules or take direction from staff, they may be sent home without refund. Applicants must be able to sleep in a dorm setting, not wander in the night, or disturb others through their behavior.
5 Ways to Increase an Applicant's Possibility of Being Accepted
1. Complete the entire application in a full and timely manner.
2. Information that is accurate and complete is required to assign the most qualified counselor to meet a camper’s needs.
3. Having flexibility in the week a camper desires to attend opens up more possible opportunities for acceptance.
4. Being able to sleep on a top bunk greatly increases an applicant’s chances to be accepted.
5. The medical form section of application must be completed in full, and signed by a doctor. Only the medical form from the application may be submitted. Every camper must have had a physical performed by their doctor sometime between July 2016 & July 2017. If applicant has had a physical, most doctors will fill out the form without an additional appointment.
Terms & Conditions
- Any behaviors, which endanger others or are disruptive to the camp, are grounds for non-acceptance to camp or immediate dismissal from camp.
- If dismissal is required, parents, guardian, or group home is responsible for transportation home within 12 hours of notification. No refunds will be issued in cases of dismissal.
- All cancellations are subject to a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
- Tobacco, alcohol, electronic vaporizer & firearms are not permitted at camp.
- Camp Daniel is not responsible for lost articles that have not been properly marked with applicants name. Any unmarked item brought by applicant may be labeled with camper name by Camp Daniel staff.
- Camp Daniel conducts a background check on all volunteers & staff to ensure the safety of all camp participants
- Camp nurse will administer all medications as directed by the pharmacy label.
- Send only enough meds for the duration of camp (6 days).
- Any over-the-counter medications/vitamins/supplements do Not require a written prescription or pharmacy label.
- Bubble/blister packing must be completed by pharmacy
- with pharmacy label attached
- with 1 bubble per dispensing time
- sent in original container w/accurate, unaltered pharmacy label
- bubble packed following previous guidelines
Mark all items, including suitcase with a label or permanent marker with camper’s name or initials. Camp Daniel is not responsible for lost articles that have not been properly marked with camper’s name. Unmarked items will be labeled by Camp Daniel staff.
• 6 Shirts (we recommend packing Camp Daniel shirts from previous years)
• 4 Shorts
• 4 Pants
• 7 Pairs of Socks
• 7 Underwear (send extra if camper wets bed or soils during the day)
• 2 Sweatshirts
• 2 Pajamas
• 2 Pairs of Shoes
• 1 Light Jacket
• 1 Hat
• 1 Shower shoes
• Swimsuit (earplugs, etc)
• Clothing/Accessories for themed meals
• Toothbrush & Toothpaste
• Soap & soap box
• Hair brush/comb
• Shaving supplies
• Feminine hygiene items
• 1 Sleeping Bag
• 2 Sheets & Blankets (send extra if camper wets bed)
• 1 Pillow & Pillowcase
• 2 Towels
• 2 Washcloths
• 1 Hand towels
• 1 Beach towel
• Mobility medical equipment used (ex: wheelchair, lift, commode, walker, cane, prosthetics, braces, wheelchair charger)
• Communication equipment used (ex: communication board, computer)
• Medical equipment (ex: epipen for allergies, c-pap and distilled water, special diet hearing aids extra batteries, glasses, etc, helmet, thick-it, utensils, gluten free or other special diet replacements)
• Camp Daniel Bible (first time campers will receive a Camp Daniel Bible)
• Bug Repellent
• 3 Plastic bags for wet/soiled clothing
A Day At Camp
Want to get a better idea of what a day at camp is like? Below is a sample of typical days at Camp Daniel. The schedule features all of the fun theme meals, all-camp rec activities, chapel services, talent shows, free time with several activity choices, and evening dances.
8:15-9:00 Lumberjack Breakfast
9:15-10:15 The Able Hour with Pastor Tim
10:30-12:00 Lumberjack Competition
1:00-2:15 CARNIVAL & horse petting
2:00-4:30 Snack Shop & gift shop open
2:30-3:30 Red vs. Blue Basketball
2:30-4:30 Swimming open
5:15-6:00 Dinner – Red & Blue Pep Rally
8:00 Bonfire and Red/Blue Rally
9:15 Camper Lights out
9:15-10:15 The Able Hour with Pastor Tim (in the chapel)
10:15-10:45 CSPN (in the chapel)
10:45-12:00 CSPN Team Sports- 18th Annual Kickball Game
12:00-1:00 Lunch – Giovanni’s Italian Ristorante
1:30-3:30 Snack shop & gift shop open
1:00-3:30 Swimming open
1:15-2:00 Beach towel water balloon volleyball
3:00-3:45 High Tea
3:00-3:45 Bocce Ball
4:00-5:00 Talent show auditions & auction
5:15-6:00 Dinner –Al’s 50’s Diner
8:00-9:00 The Curmudgeon Polka Show & talent auditions,
9:15 Lights out
At Camp Daniel, we take pride in offering fun activities that everyone can participate in. That includes themed meals at every lunch and dinner, and 2 breakfasts! Each unique theme is celebrated with music, costumes, contests, sing alongs, and characters.
Breakfasts: Lumberjack & British
Lunches: Hunting Camp, Hawaiian & Christmas
Dinners: 50’s, Pirate, French (formal), Italian & Western
Check out Camp Daniel’s Pinterest boards for lots of ideas!Camp Daniel's Boards
I remember the first time I dropped Kristofor off 19 years ago at Camp Daniel for his first time away from me, and I cried and cried all week and I do believe I called camp a few times, and I think I called the next year to, but now 19 years later I drop off and get to enjoy a week of free time and pick him up and he’s all smiles and has had a great time, you guys at camp have no idea how much we appreciate you giving your time to spend with my son, keeping his faith going, keeping him safe and making memories.RobinMother of Camper
I LOVE my Camp Daniel family! One memory stands out is jumping off the raft, and the famous camp dance. I can't wait until this summer, I'm so excited.MarnieCamper
I could write a book of camp stories. I am Chalsee's mom and most of you know she lives there now. That first year back many years ago I left my pigtailed little girl off at camp (back then she was blonde) and cried the entire week. Now I can say she is living with the best extended family there is. This year marks another first for me: leaving Jacob off at Camp but this year I am sending Dean as a camper too. 1 week with no one to care for at home wouldn't be possible without this great place and people.ShellyMother of Resident